Our products are clean, nontoxic and free from parabens, silicones, mineral oil, phthalates, petrolatum, formaldehyde, cocamide DEA, triclosan, myristyl myristate, gmos, nitrates, SLS and SLES, artificial colorants, synthetic fragrances, paraffin, PEG, EDTA and ingredients of animal origin.
We use the gentle yet powerful properties of active botanical ingredients in all our formulas, to help optimise skin health. Our ingredients are delivered to the skin in technologically advanced, biomimetic (mimicking the skin’s natural biology), multi-level delivery systems ensuring the elite ingredients are able to be used by the skin.
Some of our hero ingredients include:
VITAMIN A - Retinaldehyde (RAL):
- Vitamin A is an integral active ingredient in a professional skincare regime. It is one of the only actives to be clinically proven to increase collagen production, increase cell turnover and repair DNA damage. It is highly effective for aging, sun damage and acne.
Forms of Vitamin A
- Retinoic Acid. The only form the body can use
- Retinaldehyde. The body’s natural storage form of Vitamin A. Less is found in skincare due to high cost
- Retinol. More commonly used in skin care due to its lower price point
- Retinyl Palmitate and Retinyl Acetate. Antioxidant version. More commonly used in skin care due to its lower price point
- Beta Carotene. Not a Vitamin A, but a precursor to Vitamin A
In the skin, the conversion process goes like this:
- Beta Carotene to
- Retinyl Palmitate to
- Retinol to
- Retinaldehyde to
- Retinoic Acid.
- Retinaldehyde Vs Retinoic Acid
Retinoic Acid applied topically can be irritating, and inflammatory and cause over-exfoliation or shedding.
Retinaldehyde, however, is a smaller molecule than Retinol, and is the immediate precursor of Retinoic Acid. The skin will convert Retinaldehyde to Retinoic Acid in the amount it needs for use and then stores the rest in adipose tissue for future use.
Retinaldehyde absorbs faster and more efficiently making it clinically proven to work 11x faster than Retinol.
Retinaldehyde is also never found in the bloodstream, meaning it is safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding.
It is 1000x more effective at stimulating collagen production than Retinol, while also being gentler to the skin.
It DOES NOT cause sun sensitivity and will not increase your risk of UVA/UVB damage or hyperpigmentation like Retinol will, this means you can provide your skin with an AM/daytime dose.
Suitable for even the most sensitive of skins.
VITAMIN B3 – Niacinamide:
- Repairs skin barrier function – reducing sensitivity
- Potent anti-inflammatory – calming atopic skin disorders
- Inhibits Melanosome transfer to Keratinocyte – normalising hyperpigmentation
- Maintains surveillance function of Langerhan Cells during UV exposure – reducing tumour formation
- Regulates moisture levels – over-active sebaceous activity slowed – hydration levels restored
VITAMIN C - Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate:
- Stable form of vitamin C and potent anti-oxidant – won’t lose effectiveness
- Readily absorbed by the skin
- No stinging sensation – suitable for all skin types
- Promotes Glycosaminoglycan production – Physiological, long-term hydration
PEPTIDES - Amino Acids:
- Advanced generation – influencing healthy gene expression:
- Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Lysine, Leucine, Phenylalanine, Serine, Proline, Tryptophan,
- Valine, GABA, Ornithine, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Silk (Amino Acid)
- Basic building blocks for all cellular renewal – aids repair mechanisms, healing hyperpigmentation
- Perpetuates other active components to optimise skin health
LACTIC ACID - Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA)
- Only (AHA) exfoliator that exists naturally within the skin – safely resurfaces
- Works synergistically – without inflammatory side effects of other AHA / BHA
- Hydrates, decongests and reduces epidermal (outer layer of skin) hyperpigmentation
POMEGRANATE EXTRACT - Enzyme
- Enzymatic exfoliator – works with skin's natural anatomy and calms while releasing corneosome adhesion
- Enhances enzymatic activity that removes debris from follicular lining – decongesting pores
- Anti-oxidant properties protect rather than attack your skin